About Lea Marston 

Lea Marston is a village and civil parish within Warwickshire County Council, under North Warwickshire Borough Council.  It is situated about 7 miles south-west of Atherstone and is close to the boundary of Birmingham.  The parish contains the hamlet of Marston.

Economic history - a section of the Midland Railway was built through Lea Marston in 1909 linking Kingsbury and Water Orton to bypass the Whitacre Junction, with the line passing immediately south-east of Lea Marston village.  In the 20th century there were three Hams Hall Power Stations in the parish, which were all de-commissioned by 1992 and demolished shortly after.  The site was redeveloped and is known as Hams Hall Distribution Park. Lea Marston also has a four star hotel, the Lea Marston Hotel. 

Buildings of Interest - The Church of England church of St John the Baptist dates back to approx 1252. Two windows in the north wall are early 12th century in style, the nave and south porch seem to date from the 15th century. The tower has three bells, the oldest of which dates to 1791. There are numerous monuments within the church.